a little too jolley

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, 19 March 2014

5 words that empower me

Posted on 00:00 by amla
Words. Oh the power they have. 

Words can crush someone's self-esteem in an instant, and yet in the same breath they could inspire someone to reach their goals and chase their dreams. 

I've always been a firm believer of positive self-talk. There is just something so empowering about saying positive things about yourself, to yourself and others. Sometimes I catch myself saying things like, "Ah I am so stupid." just to quickly say, "I'm not stupid this is just a hard problem. But I can do it." 

I've definitely been laughed at a time or two for my silly comebacks to myself. But nothing can change the way I choose to empower myself through my words.

1- Begin
2-Inspire
3-Love
4-Shine
5-Change

Those words cause me to stop and think. They empower me to be a better person today than I was yesterday. They help me make important choices and they affect my relationships.
What words do you find empowering?

post signature
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in selflove | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • ask brooklyn #2
    Well guess what? It's that time of the month again... No not THAT time... this time... The time where I answer YOUR questions! So withou...
  • scarcity: 6 ways to yes
    I introduced a new series a few weeks ago, How the 6 Ways to Yes Affect Blogging.   So today we are talking about how the idea of Scarcity c...
  • love story part fifteen: the proposal
    It was just another night in my eyes. I was driving from Logan to Roy, he was driving from Salt Lake to Roy. My family, Mr. Jolley and I all...
  • pm platinum blonde shampoo review
    A few months ago, I had this crazy idea to go Platinum Blonde. PLATINUM. I wanted to be as blonde as possible without totally frying my hair...
  • date night: nickelcade
    Last week for date night I told Mr. Jolley that it was his turn to decide what we did for date night. And let me tell you, it took him less ...
  • 3 Things I Learned From My Mom
    My husband had Friday off. He texted me to tell me he had special plans for us that night and that he was excited. I don't really love s...
  • Frazzled? 4 Ways to Destress When You're Overwhelmed
    We all live a pretty fast-paced life, between work, school, relationships, social media and more it is so easy to become overwhelmed. Part o...
  • lulu lemon giveaway!
    Happy 1st day of Spring lovelies! To celebrate, how about one of you gets a $50 gift card to LuLu Lemon yeah? Enter below and good luck!  a ...
  • how to choose sponsored posts
    Sponsored posts can be considered a taboo in the blogging world, as we tend not to trust something as a real recommendation if someone has b...
  • blogging advice: how to find a blog designer
    On almost any post you see about blogging, it will tell you one of the most important things to consider is your blog design. Whether you...

Categories

  • blogging
  • disney
  • faith
  • haircare
  • healthyliving
  • marriage
  • selflove

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2014 (118)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  July (11)
    • ►  June (8)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (22)
    • ▼  March (19)
      • love story part eighteen: my endowment
      • the inadequate wife: getting back up when you let ...
      • love story part seventeen: problem with the ring
      • my skin care routine for dry, dehydrated skin
      • ask brooklyn march 2014
      • dialects of the five love language, yup, it's a re...
      • those crazy mormons: christ's ministry and the gre...
      • lulu lemon giveaway!
      • 5 words that empower me
      • love story part sixteen: bridals & groomals
      • $50 to Starbucks?
      • Those crazy Mormons: what do Mormons believe about...
      • 5 reasons to stay at paradise pier
      • love story part sixteen: engagement photos
      • march goals
      • h2blow salt lake city review
      • blogging advice: how to find a blog designer
      • love story part fifteen: the proposal
      • want $175 cash?
    • ►  February (21)
    • ►  January (24)
  • ►  2013 (115)
    • ►  December (25)
    • ►  November (28)
    • ►  October (30)
    • ►  September (25)
    • ►  August (7)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

amla
View my complete profile